I am an Associate Professor and lead the SYmmetric and Lightweight cryptography Lab (SYLLAB) at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore since April 2012.
Previously, I was a PhD student at Orange Labs (former France Télécom R&D) and University of Versailles under the supervision of Henri Gilbert and Marc Girault. I also worked two years at Ingenico as Cryptography Expert, and at Nanyang Technological University as Research Fellow. My main research topic is the design and the cryptanalysis of symmetric cryptography primitives.
- [Sep. 21] A new block cipher naturally resistant against a large class of differential fault attacks - Our article “DEFAULT: Cipher Level Resistance Against Differential Fault Attack” has been accepted at ASIACRYPT 2021
- [Mar. 21] 3 submissions from SyLLab selected for the final round of the NIST lightweight competition: GIFT-COFB, PHOTON-BEETLE and Romulus
- [Jan. 21] Our article “A Deeper Look at Machine Learning-Based Cryptanalysis” has been accepted at EUROCRYPT 2021
- [Sep. 20] New speed records for constant-time AES and AES-like ciphers on ARM Cortex-M and RISC V - github - to appear at CHES 2021
- [Jun. 20] Our article “The MALICIOUS Framework: Embedding Backdoors into Tweakable Block Ciphers” has been accepted at CRYPTO 2020
- [Jan. 20] SHA-1 is a Shambles ! First chosen-prefix collision for SHA-1 and application to PGP Web of Trust: https://sha-mbles.github.io/ (Ars Technica article) - to appear at USENIX Security 2020
- [Aug. 19] 6 submissions from SyLLab selected for the 2nd round of the NIST lightweight competition: GIFT-COFB, PHOTON-BEETLE, Pyjamask, Romulus, SKINNY-AEAD/SKINNY-HASH, SUNDAE-GIFT
- [Mar. 19] 8 submissions from SyLLab to the NIST lightweight competition: GIFT-COFB, PHOTON-BEETLE, Pyjamask, REMUS, Romulus, SKINNY-AEAD/SKINNY-HASH, SUNDAE-GIFT, TGIF
- [Feb. 19] Deoxys-II winner of the CAESAR competition (Portfolio “Defense in depth”)
- [Jan. 19] Article “From Collisions to Chosen-Prefix Collisions - Application to Full SHA-1” accepted to EUROCRYPT 2019
Division of Mathematical Sciences
School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
Nanyang Technological University
SPMS-MAS-05-14, 21 Nanyang Link, Singapore 637371, Singapore